Video Journalist Nigeria
The BBC is an international multimedia broadcaster on radio, TV, online and social networks with a weekly global audience of 320 million.
BBC Nigeria is looking for a Video Journalist to initiate, gather and produce material for news, current affairs and general programming. Routinely self-shooting and editing complete packages for use across multiple platforms including TV, Radio and Digital/Online/Social Media.
- Use a range of video, audio and digital equipment and information technology to research, write, shoot, assemble, edit and deliver outputs in the appropriate medium, to the highest professional standards – recognising the distinct requirements of different types of output
- Self-shoot and edit complete packages.
- May be required to present content on radio, TV or online, this can be live or recorded.
- May include the production and presentation of programs, this can be live or recorded
- Exercise editorial judgment in developing story ideas and producing accurate and impartial journalism.
- Tailor different news treatments for different audiences ensuring that the output reflects the audiences we serve
The Ideal Candidate
- You MUST be able to speak, read and write the Yoruba language in addition to the English language
- Have the ability to gather and prepare audio and video material for use on any service, recognising the distinct requirements of different types of output, self-shooting and routinely editing as the main focus of the role
- Significant recent experience as a journalist, with a good knowledge of production techniques – especially self-shooting and editing
- Strong track record of originating and developing stories for news programs
- Ability to use technology as required, in order to gather material for broadcast
- Understand how a team works effectively and adopt the most appropriate role
Contract: Fixed term for 6 months to cover an attachment
Local terms and conditions apply
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you having the right to work in Nigeria.
About the Company
Reinventing the BBC for the next Generation
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. And we promote flexible working opportunities where operational needs allow.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here