Video Editor - BBC Africa - Dakar, Senegal
The BBC is an international multimedia broadcaster on TV, radio, online and social networks with a weekly global audience of 320 million. As part of an historic and exciting expansion of BBC Africa, the BBC World Service is launching a range of new programmes and digital content. We are looking for Video Editors to work with our editorial teams in Senegal to produce live and recorded TV programmes and digital video content.
- To edit pictures and sound to produce reports and programmes of broadcast quality.
- To ingest, edit and publish all TV and video content at base and on location
- To create and develop visual effects treatments to enhance the telling of a story
- To have a full understanding of the BBCs Editorial Guidelines
The Ideal Candidate
- A comprehensive and up to date knowledge of craft editing techniques.
- A thorough understanding of live television production techniques.
- An ability to work effectively with production teams and understand their requirements.
- A comprehensive knowledge of and interest in News and Current Affairs.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Contract: Local terms and conditions
Reports to:Near News (Health) Editor, BBC Africa
Relocation assistance will be considered for this role
We will accept CV's in French
About the Company
We do notfocus simply on what we do. We also careabouthow we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You willbe asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.