Software Engineer (Web Developer)
You will be embedded in the BBC Moscow team as the sole developer taking ownership over the Russian output whilst collaborating with a wider global team.
This role works closely with the Editorial and UX Design teams within News.
The main day-to-day duties include (and not limited to) -
- Liaise with editorial and design to create ideas for future projects
- Work within an inter-disciplinary team to create world class products
- Develop effective bespoke software that meets given specification
- Write appropriate tests using automated test driven techniques to ensure code quality
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will possess the skills below -
- Must be fluent in Russian and English (conversational)
- Good knowledge of JS (ES6) and widespread libraries
- Work experience with CSS-pre-processes (Less/SCSS/Stylus)
- Understanding how HTTP works and how to optimise the site.
- Knowledge of d3.js or similar would be a plus
- Some knowledge of Angular or React framework would be a plus
- Basic knowledge of server based development (Node/Ruby/PHP/Python)
Grade - Local terms and conditions apply
Location - Moscow, Russia
Contract - Continuing
Candidates must be eligible to work in Russia
About the Company
We don't focus simply on what we do; we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you have read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You will be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.