The BBC is an international multimedia broadcaster on radio, TV, online and social networks with a weekly global audience of 320 million. As part of an historic multi-million pound expansion of BBC Africa, the BBC World Service is introducing a wide range of new land exciting language and regional content to serve African and global audiences.
The BBC is the world leader in broadcast newsgathering at the forefront of both the range of editorial coverage and technological innovation.
We are looking for a creative and experienced shoot edit to join the Africa Service and work across all platforms. Our range of programmes will go beyond the hard news agenda to cover Health, Technology, Sport, Business, a weekly womens discussion programme, news content for children as well as for younger audiences, News Quiz and a weekly news review programme. We will also produce satirical and infotainment programming that covers the news from an irreverent alternative perspective. You need to demonstrate that you are experienced in filming and delivering creative ideas for TV and digital.
A career at the BBC offers you an opportunity to tell stories that can change lives. The aim of BBC Africa is to showcase the diverse ideas and aspirations from across the continent in an impartial fair way.
- Offering creative ideas on how to film and illustrate news stories and features.
- Filming and sending video to base on breaking news stories
- Shooting and editing complete news and feature packages
- Recording presenter links and pieces to camera in creative ways and to edit full programmes.
- Workingcloselywithreporterstodevelopscriptsandoccasionallywriting material. Field-producing news coverage, when needed.
- Working abroad and in hostile environments
The Ideal Candidate
- Candidates will have relevant experience in a news broadcasting environment, practicing a range of location craft skills (e.g. camerawork / lighting / editing / location facilities). They will be able to demonstrate strong interest in and proven commitment to News.
- Proven knowledge of issues and stories relevant to African audiences
- Experience of filming, editing and packaging content for TV and radio
- Must have the full range of location craft and technical skills, the ability to operate current broadcast technical equipment on location and at base, demonstrating a well-developed sense of visual awareness and a willingness to learn how to use new technology and kit.
Salary: Local terms and conditions apply
About the Company
We dont focus simply on what we do we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are very important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. Youll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.