Shoot Edit, BBC Africa Sport
We are looking for a creative and experienced shoot edit to work in a new Africa Sport Unit and work across all platforms. You need to demonstrate that you are experienced in filming and delivering creative ideas for digital and TV. The successful candidate will need to have excellent knowledge of news and current affairs in Africa and an understanding of what audiences are looking for in digital and social media news coverage.
To provide high-quality and creative filming from the field, edit video and feed the material back to base. Working closely with a Reporter you will be responsible for getting to locations with appropriate equipment. You will visually shape ideas for BBC Africa and the whole range of BBC Africa News multimedia content as well as contribute your own story ideas.
- Offering creative ideas on how to film and illustrate news stories and features.
- Filming and sending video to base on breaking news stories
- Shooting and editing complete news features
- Recording reporter links and pieces to camera in creative ways and to edit full programmes.
- Working closely with reporters to develop scripts and occasionally writing material. Field-producing news coverage, when needed.
- Working abroad and in hostile environments
- You may be required to work on other genres at times
The Ideal Candidate
It is vital that you have excellent command of spoken and written English and a working grasp of Swahili.
- Shooting video of the highest quality for either live transmission or recording, providing a representative visual and audio account of events. This will include camerawork, sound work and lighting in the field and where required, at base.
- Contributing original ideas to improve the visual and journalistic content of the story and being aware of the different styles and formats.
- Selecting, preparing and editing material for broadcast and meeting strict transmission deadlines.
- Setting up and coordinating on-site facilities to meet programme needs, including leading teams e.g. on multiple camera shoots.
- On occasion, undertaking interviews and some production duties on location in both recorded and live situations.
- Responsible for getting to locations with appropriate equipment, often on their own. Liaising effectively and establishing good relationships with all other contacts both outside and within the BBC.
Salary: Within grade
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are very important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.