Shoot Edit, BBC Africa Sport
We are looking for a creative and experienced shoot edit to work in a new Africa Sport Unit and work across all platforms. You need to demonstrate that you are experienced in filming and delivering creative ideas for digital and TV. The successful candidate will need to have excellent knowledge of news and current affairs in Africa and an understanding of what audiences are looking for in digital and social media news coverage.
To provide high-quality and creative filming from the field, edit video and feed the material back to base. Working closely with a Reporter you will be responsible for getting to locations with appropriate equipment. You will visually shape ideas for BBC Africa and the whole range of BBC Africa News multimedia content as well as contribute your own story ideas.
- Offering creative ideas on how to film and illustrate news stories and features.
- Filming and sending video to base on breaking news stories
- Shooting and editing complete news features
- Recording reporter links and pieces to camera in creative ways and to edit full programmes.
- Working closely with reporters to develop scripts and occasionally writing material. Field-producing news coverage, when needed.
- Working abroad and in hostile environments
- You may be required to work on other genres at times
The Ideal Candidate
- Candidates will have relevant experience in a creative video or film environment, practicing a range of location craft skills (e.g. camerawork / lighting / editing / location facilities). They will be able to demonstrate strong interest in and proven commitment to content that appeals to an African audience and excellent news contacts.
- Experience of filming, editing and packaging content for TV, digital and radio.
- Must have the full range of location craft and technical skills, the ability to operate current broadcast technical equipment on location and at base, demonstrating a well-developed sense of visual awareness and a willingness to learn how to use new technology and kit.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload, react positively to situations at short notice and plan ahead.
- Excellent digital skills with track record of researching and discovering stories and after appropriate training use PNG, Quickfire and other newsgathering systems.
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with colleagues across BBC Sport and with organisations outside the BBC. Exercise diplomacy with people where necessary.
Salary: Local Terms and Conditions
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are very important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.