Shoot Edit, BBC Africa Sport
We are setting up a new BBC Sports unit in English, Swahili and French with additional content for our African language services. This is a multimedia unit producing a weekly TV programme for TV, digital content websites and social as well as daily content for news services in various languages.
We are looking for a creative and experienced shoot edit to work in a new Africa Sports Unit and work across all platforms. You need to demonstrate that you are experienced in filming and delivering creative ideas for digital and TV. The successful candidate will need to have knowledge of sport in Africa and global sport and an understanding of what audiences are looking for in digital and social media sports coverage.
To provide high-quality and creative filming from the field, edit video and feed the material back to base. Working closely with a Reporter you will be responsible for getting to locations with appropriate equipment. You will visually shape ideas for BBC Africa and the whole range of BBC Africa Sport multimedia content as well as contribute your own story ideas.
- Offering creative ideas on how to film and illustrate sports news stories and features.
- Filming and sending video to base on breaking sports news stories
- Shooting and editing complete sports features
- Recording reporter links and pieces to camera in creative ways and to edit full programmes.
- Working closely with reporters to develop scripts and occasionally writing material. Field-producing news coverage, when needed.
- Working abroad and in hostile environments
The Ideal Candidate
It is vital that you have excellent command of spoken and written English and French.
- Candidates will have relevant experience in a creative video or film environment, practicing a range of location craft skills (e.g. camerawork / lighting / editing / location facilities). They will be able to demonstrate strong interest in and proven commitment to content that appeals to an African audience and excellent sports contacts.
- Experience of filming, editing and packaging content for TV, digital and radio.
- Must have the full range of location craft and technical skills, the ability to operate current broadcast technical equipment on location and at base, demonstrating a well-developed sense of visual awareness and a willingness to learn how to use new technology and kit.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload, react positively to situations at short notice and plan ahead.
Salary: Local terms and conditions
About the Company
We dont focus simply on what we do we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are very important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. Youll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.