Senior Tester, BBC Global News
The Digital & Technical team of Global News Ltd is looking for an experienced, professional and enthusiastic Senior Tester to join the team on a full-time basis.
BBC Global News Limited brings together the BBC World News television channel, bbc.com/news and bbc.com/sport, as part of the BBC News Group family. BBC Global News Ltd’s ambition is to maximise the quality of BBC News outside of the UK, focusing on delivering a commercially funded, but public service driven, news business.
The Digital and Technology Department works closely with colleagues across the BBC and leads delivery of the BBC Global News Ltd’s services across four screens - Desktop, Tablet, Mobile and Interactive TV platforms.
We want an exceptional Senior Tester to work in a multi skilled development team, to ensure the continuous delivery of features for our International product set. You will be responsible for testing software delivered to a high quality ensuring that high test coverage is maintained, while working in a multi-disciplinary team with product owners, designers, developers, architects and testers in an Agile development environment. The candidate needs to be able to get to grips with our products quickly and be experienced enough to work without significant assistance.
- Leading the definition and execution of the test approach for a product
- Planning, estimating, reporting and directing test activities for a product
- Collaborating and integrating with other product development team members to ensure the delivery of a product to specification
- Creating manual and/or automated test cases to verify functional and non-functional requirements of a product in various stages of the development life cycle
- Liaising with other product teams to ensure joined-up testing approaches for multi-team projects
- Troubleshooting– finding critical bugs or verifying reported issues, identifying their underlying cause and seeing them through to resolution liaising with other teams where appropriate
The Ideal Candidate
- ISEB / ISTQB certification in Software Testing
- Experience in the creation of automated tests – BDD and TDD
- Working knowledge and or testing of TV platforms and broadcast technologies
- Working knowledge of a CI system, ideally Hudson or Jenkins
- Knowledge of IP networking and Linux operating systems
- Understanding of databases and services
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS would be beneficial
- Familiarity with advertising systems such as Google DFP would be useful
Contract type: 9 month FTC
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here