Senior Journalist Reporter, BBC News - Persian Service
BBC News, with a weekly global audience of 468 million, uses multiple platforms to deliver accurate, impartial news in 42 languages. As the biggest international service of BBC News, World Service is a renowned multimedia broadcaster, delivering a wide range of language and regional services and working increasingly with other parts of BBC News to serve global audiences.
BBC News Persian is one of the biggest language services of World Service, serving audiences in Iran, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, and around the world. It provides high impact and engaging content on TV, radio, and digital platforms.
We are looking for a talented Senior Journalist Reporter to join the BBC Persian Service team in Islamabad.
As a Senior Journalist Reporter, you’ll be spending most of your time on air or getting ready to go on air, reporting in Farsi/Dari for our global audiences to the highest editorial standards. You will be required to regularly work in front of a camera, live or pre-recorded and will also help editors and colleagues with the coverage of upcoming news events.
Other duties will include:
- Shooting, editing and delivering quality news packages for TV and radio
- Delivering original and exclusive journalism and reacting to breaking news
- Provide expert advise on Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan to the wider BBC News teams
- Assist senior colleagues in BBC News Persian in forward planning, commissioning and deployments
The Ideal Candidate
- Fluent in Farsi and English languages
- Significant recent experience as a Persian-speaking TV journalist, with a good knowledge of news-gathering and production techniques.
- Knowledge and experience of using the latest digital equipment e.g. cameras, recording and broadcasting equipment
- A clear understanding of the needs and profile of our target audiences across Afghanistan, Iran and Pakistan
Contract: 12 month fixed term contract/attachment. Local terms and conditions apply.
Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you having the right to work in Pakistan.
About the Company
Reinventing the BBC for the next Generation
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. And we promote flexible working opportunities where operational needs allow.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here