Senior Editorial Partnerships, Training & Production Manager
The BBC is an international multimedia broadcaster on radio, TV, online and social networks with a weekly global audience of 320 million. As part of an historic and exciting investment programme, the BBC World Service is expanding its multimedia operations in Africa by doubling the number of language services and investing in modern TV and Digital production facilities.
The new investment by the BBC World Service in Africa aims to increase its reach and impact among audiences by creating Africa-focused content to be delivered by our growing network of broadcast partners across the continent.
As part of BBC’s commitment to developing the local media industry, this investment aims to deliver a range of formal training and development schemes, including mentoring to our partners.
- Establish and manage editorial partnerships with existing and new broadcasting partners, other media organisations, individual journalists and academic institutions.
- Establish and develop strong working relationships with colleagues in the African Service, Legal, Business Development; Audience Insights; BBC Academy and BBC Africa’s senior management team – to ensure there is clear selection criteria, governance and accountability mechanism for all editorial partnerships. Promptly and appropriately advise the BBC where there is potential risk arising from any editorial partnership.
- Facilitate and oversee editorial collaborations with partners, ensuring all productions meet BBC’s Editorial standards and laid down governance procedures.
- Provide prompt and constructive feedback to partners for their contribution to the BBC.
- Line-manage a team of journalists, shoot edits and interns engaged in the editorial partnerships programme.
The Ideal Candidate
- Solid editorial judgement and proven experience of developing and launching new content.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Africa’s varied and developing media landscape.
- Highly developed and proven track record of negotiating, influencing and networking with external partners, preferably in Africa.
- Experience of delivering and developing training strategy and hands on expertise in upskilling teams.
- Strong management skills and the ability to inspire lead and develop teams.
- The ability to deliver editorial innovation and develop great digital and TV content and stimulate new thinking about sports journalism
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience of managing budgets and observing tight financial targets.
Salary: Local Terms and Conditions Apply
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are very important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.