Sales Planner, BBC Advertising
BBC Global News Limited (GNL) is the BBC News Group’s commercial subsidiary. GNL owns and operates BBC World News and bbc.com.
BBC World News and bbc.com are available in every country around the world, with the exception of the UK. BBC World News is the BBC’s most watched television channel, available in more than 450 million homes. BBC.com generates page views of more than 1.25bn each month. This traffic is made up of consumption of regionally editionalised versions of the BBC ‘s domestic News and Sport online services, plus readership of a number of online ‘features’ sites (in genres such as travel, technology and culture) which GNL produces itself.
This role is responsible for supporting the European Advertising Sales team in managing clients and media planning from agencies and direct clients across TV and digital. The Sales Planner will help support the Sales team in developing and retaining existing business for the BBC as an integrated member of the Sales team, ensuring accurate campaign planning and order implementation.
Pre Sales Support
- Be the support function to sales managers for all sales proposals, contract and campaign monitoring for all clients
- Respond to advertising briefs from clients and work closely with the wider sales team as required and propose solutions for media plans across TV and Digital including TV campaigns, sponsoring, display, branded content solutions and programmatic
Media Planning & Implementation
- Ensure sales policy is enforced and due process followed within the Sales team
- Work closely with Ad Operations to set up and launch TV and digital campaigns on time and in line with client expectations
Post Sales Customer Service
- Manage the pre and post transmitted reports for final campaign reports and invoicing processes to clients/agencies.
- Check with Ad ops that campaigns have delivered in line with Insertion Orders and agreed KPIs and that revenue is recognised appropriately
The Sales Planner is required to adopt best practice process as identified from the global sales network of BBC Global News Advertising Sales. The Sales Planner will raise relevant issues requiring approval or conflict resolution with the Director on a needs basis, working independently in support of the sales team.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proficient at PowerPoint & Excel
- Pro-activity and attention to detail with an eye on the big picture
- Enthusiasm for Digital and Technology changes
- Comfortable with numbers
- Collaborative approach
- Oustanding customer service
- Excellent written and oral skills
Contract type: Permanent
Location: London, Television Centre
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here