The BBC is an international multimedia broadcaster on radio, TV, online and social networks with a weekly global audience of 320 million. As part of an historic and exciting expansion of BBC Africa, the BBC World Service is launching a new Health and Lifestyle weekly TV programme and innovative digital content alongside other African content.
We are looking for an entry level journalist to join our health team as a researcher.
- To monitor online, TV, radio, newspapers and social media across Africa, and produce tip-offs, news updates, media reviews and background information.
- To maintain an up-to-date database of contacts, organisations and information.
- To collaborate with other journalists creating engaging and innovative stories.
- To suggest ways of using video, images, graphics and data into content in order to create a powerful visual impact.
The Ideal Candidate
- An excellent level of spoken and written English and French.
- Experience of carrying out tasks where attention to detail is particularly important.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to present complex information clearly and concisely.
- Editorial judgment and the ability to spot a story.
- An interest in African health and lifestyle.
Contract: Local terms and conditions
Reports to: Near News (Health) Editor, BBC Africa
Relocation assistance will be considered for this role
We will accept CV's in French
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are very important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.