Reporter, BBC Africa Sport
We are looking for a Reporter to work in a new Africa Sports Unit and to create and present expert, authoritative and entertaining Sports coverage in Senegal and francophone Africa. The Reporter will be required to report for multi-platform outlets, including TV, online, social media and radio. The successful candidate will have excellent knowledge of sport in Africa, global sport, particularly Ligue 1, athletics and basketball and an understanding of what audiences are looking for in digital and social media sports coverage.
- To compile and present Sports stories, interviews, profiles and packages.
- To plan, structure, write and produce content for use on TV, Digital and Radio.
- To find, brief and interview contributors for live and edited programmes.
The Ideal Candidate
- Fluent in English and French
- Exceptional knowledge of sport, in particular sport that appeals to an African audience and excellent sports contacts.
- Experience of on air reporting and presentation particularly in video to highest standards. Authoritative microphone voice and ability to communicate effectively to listeners and viewers.
Location: Senegal, Dakar
Contract: Continuing - Local terms and conditions
Relocation assistance will be considered for this role
We will accept CV's in French
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are very important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.