This is a role working across two busy production centres – one editorial and one advertising - within BBC Global News Ltd.
The editorial team create multimedia content for the BBC’s commercially funded features sites - BBC Travel, BBC Culture, BBC Future, BBC Capital and a new video destination BBC Reel which launches later this year.
There will also be occasional productions for the BBC’s commercially funded international news and current affairs channel, BBC World News.
The advertising team is BBC Storyworks – a creative studio within the advertising division of BBC Global News Ltd. They create advertising content in a variety of media (text, images, video and audio) to help brands connect with their customers.
The Production Manager is responsible for managing a portfolio of content on a day to day basis in a busy, ever changing features environment. Role ensures delivery of accurate budgets and production planning often involving fast turnaround times.
As both GNL and Storyworks are part of the commercial arm of the BBC, previous experience in a commercial environment dealing with sponsorship, ad funded content and external funding partners would be a benefit in this role.
The role will report to Mary Wilkinson, Head of Editorial Content, Global News Ltd.
The Ideal Candidate
- Up-to-date knowledge of BBC GNL, Storyworks and the wider industry.
- Considerable experience of delivering a range of productions across a range of output or genres, on time and on budget.
- Experience of monitoring and managing Health & Safety on a production
- Demonstrable working knowledge of end-to-end multi-platform production with a level of technical understanding to enable the most efficient production of content.
- Experience in a commercial environment dealing with sponsorship, ad funded content and external funding partners.
- Dealing with International filming, funders and contracting.
Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you having the right to work in the UK.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background