Production Coordinator, BBC Global News
BBC GLOBAL NEWS:
BBC Global News is the home of the BBC’s award-winning international news, sport and features content, which reaches 121 million people around the world on TV, online, apps and social media each week. As a commercial arm of the BBC, we work with brands to create partnerships which connect them with our curious and globally-minded audience.
We make award winning series for BBC.com audiences outside the UK, using BBC’s storytelling heritage to tackle the issues shaping society by giving a voice to organisations leading change. Through unique research and insight we create original commercial content for global brands that tells stories from organisations and brands to BBC.com audiences and beyond, delivering formidable results.
- Contributes to the scheduling and budgeting of the production/content in line with divisional requirements and relevant BBC frameworks, guidelines and policies.
- Responsible for assisting the Production Manager (or equivalent) in identifying and sourcing appropriate resource and location requirements for the production at the earliest possible stage.
- Ensures compliance with BBC policies, guidelines, legislative and regulatory requirements, in order to minimise the BBC’s exposure to risk.
- Responsible for ensuring all necessary rights are acquired and recorded for the complete delivery of the production/content, escalating any issues at the earliest stage.
- Ensures the production/content delivers demonstrable value for money through effective and efficient coordination of people and resources. This may involve supporting JPM/PM on liaising with external providers, and having delegated responsibility for cost decisions within their budgetary remit as agreed with PM.
- Applies specialist skills to productions, e.g. live gallery skills and script supervision, where appropriate.
- Responsible for preparing (or contributing to the preparation of), managing, setting and monitoring of production budgets (or elements of), and for forecasting and reporting, where required. May also assess the financial viability of content ideas that may arise during productions.
- Adhere to the processes for fully and accurately capturing and managing metadata in line with BBC guidelines and policies, and ensuring Archives have the necessary information to manage media assets
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrates interest in the BBC and the wider industry.
- Demonstrable experience of carrying out a logistical coordinating role within a production team.
- Knowledge of delivering a range of/elements of productions on time and on budget and coordinating deliverables for productions, where necessary having worked on location, with crews and production teams with a strong knowledge of how productions are managed.
- Good working knowledge of end-to-end multi-platform production with an understanding of the technology used on productions.
- Where required, has the ability to use specialist skills for certain types of output (e.g. live gallery skills, script supervision).
- Able to use and advise on production systems and can adopt new technologies.
- Interpersonal and communication skills sufficient to establish and maintain effective relations with a wide range of contacts.
- Demonstrates strong organisational and planning skills and manages conflicting demands to meet deadlines.
Contract type: Permanent
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here