Production Assistant, BBC Global News
BBC Storyworks is the creative studio with newsroom values. An agile content production agency from BBC Global News Ltd, embodying the BBC’s creative spark and rigorous editorial quality to help brands connect through beautifully crafted storytelling.
Programme Partnerships is a new division at BBC Global News. We tell the stories that make a difference but don’t always make the headlines. By developing partnerships with the most influential organisations, we identify the innovation, ambition and impact of some of the most transformative endeavours shaping our world today. Industries, campaigns, causes and passions are explored and unveiled around the globe. The creative and production values of BBC StoryWorks, combined with new and exclusive global audiences – we offer our partners the chance to bring their experience and expertise to life, today.
The purpose of the role is to provide comprehensive administrative support and coordination to the Programme Partnerships team.
The role will be responsible for a broad range of tasks that will ensure the smooth running of our creative, production, and commercial process, contributing significantly to the overall goal of making informative, educational, and entertaining content for brands and partners. This would include:
- Production support - including job sheets and arranging logistics with production companies and crew
- CRM systems – co-ordinating team systems and record keeping, including cost elements, registering opportunities, and presenting data
- Creative Support - Prepare documents, presentations and other materials to a clear brief, using established formats and standard software
- Finance – find company data, liaise with the finance team on invoicing, PO’s and vendor forms
- Team Assistant duties – booking travel, arranging meetings, and provide comprehensive administrative and operational support
The Ideal Candidate
This role requires an extremely detail oriented, organized individual with exceptional administrative skills. Demonstrable success in project management, administrative assistance, schedule planning and data input is essential.
You will have:
- Ability to use own initiative
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience of providing administration support in at least one organisation.
- Organised with the ability to prioritise own workload effectively, to co-ordinate activities and conflicting demands to ensure that tight deadlines are met.
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to work well with range of people at all levels.
- Ability to research, gather, analyse, collate and present information as required.
- Proficient computer literate skills, with strong experience of office software packages (i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint.).
Contract type: Permanent
Location: London, Broadcast Centre
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here