Pricing and Yield Manager, APAC
The Business Intelligence team is responsible for providing information and recommendations to the business which support and help challenge its commercial activities. This is achieved through the provision and analysis of data, as well as through regular communication with key stakeholders both within BBC Global News, the BBC group and the external market.
The primary objective of the role focuses on analysis, evaluation, suggestion and implementation of product yield decisions across direct and programmatic deals to drive optimal commercial outcomes. This role is designed to unlock commercial opportunities across the Ad Sales business, working collaboratively with Sales Leadership and wider teams in region to maximise effectiveness of inventory pricing, yield and growth results. The Pricing and Yield Manager role is a full-time position based in APAC and reporting into the Head of Business Intelligence in London, with a dotted line into the SVP Commercial Development Asia & ANZ. There will be opportunities to travel in market.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an individual who has at least 3-5 years of experience in the digital industry, enjoys the detail whilst maintaining a view of the bigger picture and is results oriented, consistently seeking opportunities for commercial improvement in the business.
- Analyze yield performance data and identify revenue opportunities across the region while feeding into business projects as required
- Provide yield performance trends and insight to Sales and Sales Leadership with continuous proactive contribution to product strategy based off internal observations and market development
- Regular assessment of ad format portfolio by quantifying commercial impact of new and existing vendors and formats to inform decisions
- Maintain documentation and optimize processes relating to ad formats, products, rate cards and sales planning workflow
- Maximize yield across direct digital sales to ensure optimal inventory utilization for the best commercial outcomes by assessing deal CPMs and commercial impact of any required bonus inventory
- Review rate cards with Sales Leadership and Commercial Operations and propose changes in line with market dynamics as required
- Maximize yield by analyzing performance data across all programmatic transaction types and work with Programmatic Sales to ensure optimal pricing for the best commercial outcomes
- Continuous analysis and experimentation of OMP pricing to ensure optimal pricing across market tiers in region, implement pricing decisions and inform on observed trends and insight
- Communicate recommendations and insight to Sales Leadership across the region
Strategic Planning & Decision Making
An ability to work concisely and accurately is vital. You will be involved in technologies and project work that enable the business to maximum ROI. The candidate will need to show leadership qualities to teams, by influencing and mandating pricing changes. You will be hugely influential shaping the business in a fast paced and ever changing digital environment.
The Ideal Candidate
Essential Skills & Experience
- Proficient in working with large data sets and ability to navigate complex reporting systems
- Strong experience in data visualisation while efficiently drawing out key insights
- Comfortable and confident communicating insights to relevant stakeholders
- Self-driven mentality and able to take ownership of required tasks and projects
- Able to collaborate and build a network across the business
- Proactive problem solving and tenacity to implement change
- Excellent IT skills including advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Tableau
- Understanding of the digital and programmatic landscape with experience in Google Ad Manager will be advantageous
Role: Pricing and Yield Manager, APAC
Contract type: Permanent, Full-Time
About the Company
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
We are committed to improving accessibility in our recruitment and selection processes at BBC Studios. If you would like to make a request for support or reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please email us at reasonable-adjustments.APAC@bbc.com, and we will be in touch with you as soon as possible.