Marketing Manager, BBC Global News
BBC Global News , the commercial arm of BBC News, now has a unique opportunity for an outstanding professional to be the Marketing lead for BBC World News (TV) and BBC.com (online incl digital products) in East Asia and Australia.
BBC World News is the BBC’s most watched television channel, available in more than 450 million homes. BBC.com generates page views of more than 645million each month.
This individual will report to the Vice President of Marketing & Insights APAC, based in Singapore. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and implementing the Affiliates and Consumer Marketing strategy that drives audience reach and engagement in East Asia & Australia across our portfolio of TV and digital products, as well as Trade Marketing (Ad Sales) Support for Australia.
- Develop and implement the Trade and Affiliate Marketing strategy and plan for BBC World News and BBC.com in Australia to ensure business goals are met
- Develop a marketing strategy that will help support the renewal of key Distribution contracts
- Work closely with local affiliate partners to gain exposure for BBC World News on their marketing touchpoints to drive tune-in and brand and programme awareness
- Develop barter partnerships to increase exposure of BBC World News and BBC.com
- Develop a marketing strategy which will support our digital business growth ambitions in China and other territories.
The Ideal Candidate
- Well versed in brand marketing with at least 5 yrs experience, covering most of the activities listed above
- Regional APAC Marketing experience, preferably in the same key markets
- Planning and organisational skills: The ability to plan ahead, be mindful of deadlines and manage a variety of projects at the same time. A good eye for detail required
- Good knowledge of media industry will be a bonus
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills and experience working with external partners
- Strong interest and passion in producing a high standard of creative work
- Passion for news and current affairs and the ability to proof read Chinese copy will be a plus
Local terms and condition
Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you having the right to work in Singapore.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.