Marketing Executive, BBC World Service
The BBC World Service are looking for a Marketing Executive to create engaging media and marketing initiatives across their rapidly expanding platforms. The BBC World Service provides a multi-platform News service in English and 42 additional languages to millions of people around the world.
With the recent expansion of Television in the World Service, including the Arabic TV Chanel, it is vital to have a Marketing Executive with an enthusiasm and shared understanding of the role Marketing plays across BBC journalism around the world. The role will work in-house and through creative agencies, to deliver a coherent, consistent brand marketing experience for audiences.
As the Marketing Executive you will establish a great working relationship with the Head of Marketing for World Service to deliver successful and innovative digital content marketing campaigns.
You will have a creative flair, as well as excellent knowledge of current trends in marketing, digital and social media globally. Keeping a close eye on the news as it breaks, you will need to identify and manage tactical, reactive activity alongside strategic delivery plans. You will act as the main point of contact for all promotional material requests for new partners, liaising between Business Development, Marketing and BBC Creative ensuring cohesive branding across our partner stations and all partner promotional materials.
Primarily, helping to deliver creatively outstanding and high quality campaigns that are on brand, on budget and on time with consistency of visual look, brand image, identity and communications messages across all media platforms.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience managing and delivering multi-media campaigns within broadcasting or an industry with a similar brand facing business (including demonstrating the use of digital marketing and use of social network platforms)
- Ability to meet and set targets and deadlines whilst managing a wide range of concurrent activities
- Good understanding of the broadcast industry or a similar brand-facing or entertainment business
- A solid understanding of digital marketing techniques - and in particular paid search, SEO, display, social and direct
- Have an understanding of BBC Brands, knowledge of the broadcasting industry and a demonstrable interest in its output
Contract type: 12 Month FTC
Location: London- New Broadcasting House
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here