Marketing Executive, BBC Global News
BBC Global News is the home of the BBC’s award-winning international news, sport and features content, which reaches 114 million people around the world on TV, online, apps and social media each week.
This role will be positioned within the BBC GN Trade Marketing & Events team but will require working closely with BBC World Service Business Development, M&A teams and the Advertising sales teams to deliver marketing support for World Service and BBC.com digital commercial products, and the BBC World News Channel.
The main objective of the successful candidate will be to support BBC World Service & BBC Global News ad sales revenue and business development objectives by delivering best-in-class events and communications to support ad sales teams to grow market share and maximise revenue contribution for commercial business in all markets.
Working closely with the Marketing, Advertising, & Business Development teams, you will have the following responsibilities:
- 40% of role focused on supporting the commercialised BBC World Service products, and 60% focused on BBC Global News products (BBC World News and BBC.com)
- Providing B2B marketing support for ad sales across TV, Radio & Digital news outputs of the BBC GN and BBC WS
- Assist the World Service Marketing Manager with the delivery of trade campaigns and marketing collateral in line with the marketing plan.
- Develop, create and produce communication materials such as presentations, brochures, leaflets, direct mail, e-flyers, exhibition stands, promos etc. These initiatives will require brief development and managing external and internal marketing resources.
- Manage the delivery of projects within allocated budgets and support for the Marketing Managers where necessary to deliver projects
- Understanding of digital platforms, specifically online advertising environment and opportunities to aid competitive understanding of BBC digital proposition
- Ensure that at all times event & marketing projects are tracked back to revenue and this is communicated to the stakeholders
- Inform tailoring of messaging in line with local market customer needs
- Administrative support to ensure the smooth running of the department.
- Merchandise – responsible for sourcing, procurement, management and fulfilment of merchandise items across both WS and GN to support the ad sales teams and events.
The Ideal Candidate
To be the successful candidate in this role you will require proven experience in events along with working on them through to completion and then assessing how targets and deadlines were met.
You will need to be organised, with strong attention to detail and ability to work under pressure, often to tight deadlines and prioritise.
A good sense of initiative and ability to challenge the status quo will be needed and analyse initiatives, make decisions based on sound commercial judgement
Experience in and understanding of B2B marketing is a must, preferably within a broadcast and/or online industry along with a fundamental understanding of marketing & events disciplines and your role in a large international organisation.
Finally a possession of strong relationship building and stakeholder management skills to ensure colleagues are engaged is required and the function thrives and the ability to work alongside the propositions team to merge editorial and business ideas into themes that resonate with advertisers to inspire, motivate and drive action.
Contract type: Continuing
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here