Junior Tester, BBC Global News
BBC Global News Limited (GNL) is the BBC News Group’s commercial subsidiary. GNL owns and operates:
- BBC World News (a 24-hour English language news and current affairs channel) and
- BBC.com (the BBC’s online news and features website and associated apps)
BBC World News and bbc.com are available in every country around the world, with the exception of the UK. BBC World News is the BBC’s most watched television channel, available in more than 450 million homes. BBC.com generates page views of more than 1.25bn each month. This traffic is made up of consumption of regionally editionalised versions of the BBC ‘s domestic News and Sport online services, plus readership of a number of online ‘features’ sites (in genres such as travel, technology and culture) which GNL produces itself.
Combined weekly reach of GNL’s services is 115m people outside the UK, accounting for one third of the BBC’s total international audience.
- Leading the definition and execution of the test approach for a product
- Creating manual test cases to verify functional and non-functional requirements of a product in various stages of the development life cycle
- Ensuring that the testing of products is completed - on time and within budget
- Troubleshooting– finding critical bugs or verifying reported issues, identifying their underlying cause and seeing them through to resolution, liaising with other teams where appropriate
- Communicating project status information and issues to a variety of stakeholders, adapting appropriately depending on the audience
- Identify risks to project timelines and work with the key stakeholders to manage the risk and to prioritise
- Ensuring that all commercial products meet BBC standards for quality and are fit for purpose
- Collaborating and integrating with other development team members to ensure the delivery of products to specification
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven testing skills developed through experience
- Ability to create, adapt and execute effective test strategies
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and organisational skills.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and ways of working
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work closely and build relationships with both our internal stakeholders and our external agencies
- Ability to work independently to identify and resolving issues.
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience
Contract type: 6 month FTC
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here