Junior Project Manager (Branded Content), BBC Global News Ltd
BBC StoryWorks is the content marketing division within BBC Global News (BBC News Group’s commercial subsidiary. GNL owns and operates BBC World News and BBC.com), tasked with delivering an innovative, world-class, bespoke content service for brands around the globe.
The primary purpose of the Junior Project Manager role is the ownership and accountability of multiple project delivery for BBC StoryWorks for the EMEA region, ensuring a professional delivery of high-quality work to our clients. The successful candidate will work with a variety of both internal and external stakeholders throughout all stages of delivery, from the creative brief, through to the final report to the client and the end of the campaign. In addition the role provides support across the global functions of BBC StoryWorks, taking direction from the global-facing London-based roles.
- Work closely with the Production Manager to ensure the StoryWorks teams are supported in terms of Purchase Orders, Project Plans and other similar administrative functions; whilst ensuring all processes are optimised and running smoothly.
- Support the other Project Managers in the team with the below all the below accountabilities
- Project manage the delivery of sold campaigns; sourcing writers, film treatments, obtaining quotes, effective budget control during the whole project life cycle, coordinating the process from creative briefing to final draft submission as well as creative and quality control
- Co-ordinate with global colleagues to create, track and report timelines, scope, velocity and quality during the entire life of the project, supporting and managing issues and risks as they occur including escalating when appropriate.
- Coordinating and owning the production process across multiplatform solutions, including: video, branded content, podcasts, digital technologies and events
- Actively build & sustain both internal and external key stakeholder relationships, take ownership of project delivery and assess business satisfaction with delivered results. All learnings should be shared with the StoryWorks team, any other relevant teams and taken into future projects in order to work toward the best in class objective.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience of initiating and running multiple projects simultaneously, working with internal teams and 3rd party suppliers to deliver the solution
- A working knowledge of OFCOM regulations and ideally experience working within these
- Some understanding and experience of delivering high quality video production as well as digital solutions
- Experience of working on digital web builds and CMSs
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience of project planning, estimating and budgeting programmes
Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you having the right to work in the UK.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.