Head of Social (Storyworks), BBC Global News
BBC StoryWorks is the brand studio of BBC Global News, tasked with delivering a world-class content-marketing service for the BBC’s global advertisers. The Head of Social Media is a crucial and senior member of the division, delivering innovative ways of promoting, distributing and creating social content. Based in London, you will be a key contact for StoryWorks teams there and also in New York, Singapore and across our other offices.
Success in this role requires experience in strategising and coordinating social campaigns within a content marketing environment. You will be collaborative, readily incorporating ideas from colleagues and elevating these with your social media insights. You will be commercially-motivated and externally focused, constantly challenging yourself to improve quality and effectiveness in order to grow revenues and attract or retain clients.
As Head of Social Media you will be responsible for the StoryWorks official social media handles for platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. You will be responsible for working with and managing budgets to promote BBC StoryWorks content produced on behalf of its clients.
- Supporting across all StoryWorks social media campaigns, on platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn as appropriate on a campaign-by-campaign basis for all StoryWorks offices
- Directing asset creation for social content promotion, assuring it complies with our own and industry advertising standards
- Leading on social strategy, and building out innovative and dynamic ideas for content promotion, and social content formats
- Supporting social media apprentices who you will help to train and develop
- Using social analytics tools to improve the effectiveness of campaigns, constantly developing suggestions for elevated performance
The Ideal Candidate
- A record of working with major brands on social media, developing and delivering social media strategies, creating content and managing communities, using analytics to drive decision making.
- An understanding of media production and commissioning processes.
- Awareness of product management, coding and design practices.
- Experience delivering integrated social media projects alongside broadcast output.
- Experience working with new and emerging technologies and tools to develop social media content.
- Leadership and influencing skills to drive forward new initiatives and influence strategic thinking at senior levels.
- An established networker in the social media space who is able to engage and influence creative individuals.
- Good planning and organising skills across several areas of work, reacting positively to changes and conflicting priorities.
- Ability to make the most efficient use of resources and operate within financial and other
Contract type: Permanent
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here