Global Data Analyst, BBC Global News
The Business Intelligence team is responsible for providing information and recommendations to the business which provide support and help challenge its commercial activities. This is achieved through the provision and analysis of data, as well as through regular communication with key stakeholders both within BBC Global News, the BBC group and the external market.
Reporting to the Global Data Manager, the Global Data Executive role is a full-time position based in London and will support the global business.
The focus of this role will be to support the global Business Intelligence and Advertising Operations teams in their efforts to create a more data-driven business.
- Own and maintain existing data warehouse
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of data.
- Regular updating of Pricing and Inventory data.
- Optimization of data-flow.
- Enable the business with data solutions
- Gather requirements, scope projects and build a comprehensive and realistic data roadmap as part of the Business Intelligence team and senior stakeholders.
- Be an authority in the analytics field, by designing, developing and implementing best in class Business Intelligence reporting and analytics solutions.
- Be an expert in the implementation and use of analytical tools such as Alteryx/Tableau in order to automate extraction and visualisation of data.
- Creating self-serve dashboards with a view to providing users with timely and accurate data that is valuable for sales enablement and product and inventory insight.
- Continuous improvement of data solutions
- Review and update existing processes in line with changes in data structure or changes in the business needs.
- Advisor to the wider business.
- Take a hands-on role in advising the wider team on data-related activity to support customer needs, including but not limited to global pitches, product and inventory performance and client campaigns.
- Empower the Global News Sales teams to put data at the front of the conversation.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in a Data engineer role with an exceptional track record.
- Excellent IT skills including advanced excel (macro writing), modelling and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in SQL/Tableau/Alteryx is required.
- Understanding of TV, Digital or new Media would be advantageous.
- Detail focused whilst being able to maintain a view of the bigger picture
- Keen to challenge the status quo and take initiatives to drive positive changes
- Able to navigate complex and disparate systems and datasets
Contract type: Permanent
Location: London, Broadcast Centre
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here