BBC Monitoring offers open source monitoring of TV, radio, web and print media around the world. It is an important part of the BBC's newsgathering operation and provides content for BBC output. Our round-the-clock media monitoring is also provided to a range of other customers, including media organisations, foreign governments, NGOs and universities.
- Track, translate and analyse local sources to make sense of what is happening on the ground
- Produce engaging and insightful content in a variety of different formats, based on the monitoring of vernacular media sources.
- Come up with original ideas and creative treatments for ongoing and emerging narratives, including data-driven products and multimedia elements, along with continually developing expert knowledge of all media types (including social media) in the coverage area
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience as a Journalist with demonstrable news judgment
- An excellent level of spoken and written English
- Fluency in Turkish
- An interest in international news and good working knowledge of the target language and region
- Ability to write about developments in the target media in idiomatic English, in a way that is engaging and relevant for the intended audience, and suitable for delivery on multiple platforms
- Enthusiasm and ability to understand and identify the needs of BBCM users
Grade: Local Recruit
12 month attachment/fixed term contract. Employees must seek the approval of their manager before applying for an attachment.
Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you having the right to work in Turkey
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background
The BBC is currently implementing a Career Path Framework which will result in employees being aligned to generic job titles and job descriptions. Consequently, successful applicants may be realigned to a slightly different job title shortly after joining the BBC.