Digital Advertising Operations Executive, EMEA, BBC Global News
The BBC Global News Digital Ad Operations team is responsible for the fulfilment of all advertising activity as well as the successful enablement of sales teams in order to guarantee the proper functioning of sales workflows. This is achieved through diligent inventory management, consistent communications regarding the commercial portfolio of ad products, frequent training on tools and process as well as the flawless execution of contractual commitments.
The Ad Operations Executive (EMEA) will be responsible for delivery and trafficking of campaigns sourced in the EMEA region. The ideal person for this role will need to be comfortable interacting with all parts of the BBC including sales, editorial, product, marketing, among others to ensure a flawless, high quality advertising experience for all stakeholders and clients.
The role requires the ability to work in a highly pressured environment and the knowledge and confidence to make business critical decisions at very short notice. Attention to detail and high levels of accuracy, as well as an ability to take ownership, are integral to the role
The model candidate will have an eye for detail, an appetite to work in a sales environment and have strong communication skills.
- Responsible for the delivery of programmatic and direct ad ops campaigns sourced in the EMEA region, including but not limited to quality control, trafficking, troubleshooting, reporting and optimisation.
- Set up test & preview pages and test creatives as needed and send to internal team members and external clients & agencies directly
- Ensuring good relationships with internal sales, compliance, editorial, technology and product departments including interpretation and application of ad operations SLA, issue resolution and escalation processes.
- Provide operational support to external and internal clients to resolve any issues and develop a plan for the prevention of the same issues.
- Google Ad Manager proposal submissions & approvals
- Achieve and maintain low error rates. Put in place measures to prevent future errors.
- Continually work to improve working practices to ensure efficient trafficking and best in class delivery.
- Ensure that campaigns are launched on time, that campaign performance is adequately monitored, and any performance issues are communicated to the Sales team in a timely manner.
- Assist in the operational implementation of new ad products.
The Ideal Candidate
- Digital advertising operations experience.
- Experience of campaign delivery and optimisation.
- Experience of working with Google Ad Manager (+ DV360)
- Knowledge of programmatic.
- Experience of troubleshooting and using related tools, such as the Google Publisher Console
- Knowledge of the digital advertising market, including awareness of current and future industry trends, knowledge of key broadcasters, publishers & agencies in the digital industry and familiarity with commercial trading methods.
Contract type: Permanent
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here