Data Analyst, BBC Global News
BBC StoryWorks is an innovative and rapidly expanding content team at the cutting edge of digital advertising; it is the commercial content division of BBC Global News, creating innovative, world-class, bespoke content marketing solutions for the BBC's advertising clients.
Your role, as a Data Analyst, will be to report and analyse on the performance of advertising campaigns, review the effectiveness of distribution efforts (including social media), and to provide suggestions for optimisation strategies to improve overall performance in accordance with the client KPI’s.
- Proficient using analytics tools, leveraging the full breadth of functionality to deliver value to the business.
- Assist colleagues in reporting on performance of projects and fielding queries that arise.
- Developing own skills in analytics-related areas keeping up to date with the latest developments in the field.
- Assisting non-data oriented colleagues understand where analysis can help them with their day to day roles.
The Ideal Candidate
- Understands statistical techniques and their applications.
- Proficient in analytics tools e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, AT Internet.
- Able to simplify complex problems into component parts and deal with them systematically.
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, including basic formula.
- Strong mathematical skills.
Contract type: 9 month FTC
Location: London, Broadcast Centre
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here