Content Strategist, BBC Global News
BBC StoryWorks is the BBC’s global content marketing division, part of BBC Global News, and is designed to strategically plan and facilitate innovative and high quality content solutions for a wide spectrum of advertising clients in the areas of commercial content, both in the branded and editorial space.
BBC StoryWorks builds on the BBC’s award-winning global expertise in creating compelling film and video, written, visual, audio and digitally innovative content.
The primary purpose of the role is to deliver excellent, market-leading content solutions and commercial storytelling, helping to further develop BBC StoryWorks’ solutions portfolio across key MENA, Turkey and The Mediterranean markets.
Strategy & creative solutions
- Working with the Dubai Sales team, leading on content briefs from brands/agencies, telling commercially viable stories that meet the client’s campaign KPIs and resonate with their desired audience across the BBC Global News platforms
- Understanding the best mediums for those stories to come to life, working collaboratively with the StoryWorks Production team, exploring options such as video, animation, written articles, podcasts, webinars, infographics…etc
- Attend pre- and post-sales client meetings to bring to life, explain and refine creative ideas and campaign storytelling
- Be an integral part in the selling process and act as creative advisor and brand strategy expert
- Keep abreast of commercial storytelling within the region and the ways in which brands/agencies are leveraging content solutions
- Know and understand key sectors within the region, including how they position their brand, who they consider their competitive set, marketing challenges within that sector…etc
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in social, content or digital strategy. Agency experience a plus.
- Experience of working for a global media company (ideally UK) with a strong knowledge and understanding of the commercial landscape in MENA, Turkey and The Mediterranean)
- Experience with video production, layout design and written content storytelling is essential.
- Experience in working with native/client-funded content.
- Excellent people and project management skills.
- Ability to commission on vision, on budget and on deadline.
Contract type: Permanent
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here