Content Producer Asia, BBC Global News
BBC Global News Ltd (“GN”) is the commercial arm of the BBC’s global News network and is responsible for BBC World News and BBC.com/news. Broadcasting 24 hours a day and reaching over 450 million homes in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide, BBC World News provides news, business, sport and weather, plus the best of the BBC’s current affairs and documentary programming. BBC.com is one of the most respected brands on the internet and BBC.com/news complements BBC World News in its offering of high quality, up-to-the minute international news, business, sports, weather, and in-depth analysis, attracting over 90 million unique visitors each month.
Working to the London Features Editor, the Content Producer will manage the bbc.com homepage for Asia..
The Content Producer has responsibility for sourcing, maintaining and updating content (text, images and AV) published on the international and Asia editions of the BBC.com homepage and in promotional units on BBC.com. The Content Producer will work closely with Content Producers in London and New York to deliver on the audience and commerical aims of bbc.com’s homepage and feature sites – BBC Travel, BBC Future, BBC Worklife, BBC Culture and BBC Reel.
- Editing/writing sharp headlines, programme synopses/descriptions and additional editorial content as required - such as links, comment, opinion, votes, competitions, feedback, and newsletters
- Sub-editing and preparing journalism for publication on the web to the highest BBC editorial standards
- Day-to-day liaison with the Homepage and Development Editors (based in London and New York)
- Liaising with stakeholders and editorial teams in News, Sport, Travel, Future, Worklife, Culture and Reel, and other sources that contribute content to the homepage or on which commercial promotional modules appear
- Updating/removing content in line with an agreed schedule
- Assisting with specific project/product-related tasks and developments, working where necessary with internal users within the BBC
- Creating and maintaining newsletters and other platforms for audience growth
The Ideal Candidate
- Working experience in Journalism
- Experience producing content for the web within a media company, or experience as a journalist, producer, editor or similar
- Background in news/journalism
- Native-level command of the English language
- Sound editorial judgement
- A clear, fluent writing style and an ability to produce strong headlines, news summaries and promotional texts under tight deadlines
- A strong visual sense, experience in picture research and high-level image editing skills using Adobe Photoshop
Contract type: 12 month FTC
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here