Business Development Associate, BBC World Service (India)
The BBC World Service Business Development team is responsible for securing and developing partnerships that deliver an increasing proportion of the BBC’s reach and impact around the world. As a key market facing team, we play an important role in providing insight into the latest media market developments and opportunities for BBC World Service English and Language Services. As Business Development Associate you will manage and develop all business development activities across India.
To help maintain and enhance business activities in India as the key partner manager for partners. This includes maintaining and developing partnerships across digital platforms, web portals, mobile operators, radio and TV networks in India. To ensure that these partnerships build on the BBC’s audience and that partners are given the best possible customer service. To manage and develop media platforms as well as marketing initiatives in India, under the guidance of the Business Development Manager in India.
The Ideal Candidate
- Extensive experience of working in a sales and marketing / business development and/or editorial environment.
- Good understanding of the Indian media environment especially digital market, distribution/delivery systems with a detailed appreciation of VOD and other digital areas
- Demonstrable commercial sensitivity with ability to deliver results to agreed timetables.
- Experience in sales techniques including negotiating, influencing and networking skills.
- Demonstrable ability to apply workflow and performance monitoring measures.
- Ability to liaise authoritatively both within the BBC and with outside organisations, covering a range of editorial and commercial interests.
- Knowledge and understanding of BBC Commercial and Editorial Policy guidelines and the BBC’s international strategy.
- Good knowledge and understanding of relevant World Service output in all media.
- Fluency in English and Hindi or any other Indian language, and ability to communicate effectively in them. Knowledge of another Indian language like Tamil, Bengali, Telugu, Marathi, Gujarati and Punjabi would be desirable.
Local terms and conditions apply.
Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you having the right to work in India.
About the Company
Reinventing the BBC for the next Generation
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. And we promote flexible working opportunities where operational needs allow.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here