Broadcast Journalist (Multimedia)
The BBC is an international multimedia broadcaster on radio, TV, online and social networks with a weekly global audience of 320 million. As part of an historic and exciting expansion of BBC Africa, the BBC World Service is launching a new Health and Lifestyle weekly TV programme and innovative digital content. We are looking for Broadcast Journalists with excellent spoken English and French to work in a new Africa Health team.
- To report, present, research, write, translate, and edit stories for BBC Africa Health programmes.
- To offer original and creative ideas for multimedia content.
- To produce live and pre-recorded programmes.
- To maintain professional journalistic standards of accuracy, impartiality and fair dealing.
The Ideal Candidate
- Fluent in written and spoken English and French
- Good knowledge of health and lifestyle issues, in particular stories that appeal to an African audience.
- Proven track record of creating quality TV programmes or visual content.
- Relevant experience as a journalist, both in originating material and editing the work of others, is highly desirable.
- Strong digital understanding and awareness.
Contract: Local terms and conditions
Reports to: Near News (Health) Editor, BBC Africa
Relocation assistance will be considered for this role
We will accept CV's in French
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are very important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.