Broadcast Journalist (Multimedia), BBC Africa Sport
The BBC is an international multimedia broadcaster on radio, TV, online and social networks with a weekly global audience of 320 million. As part of an historic and exciting expansion of BBC Africa, the BBC World Service is launching a new Sports weekly TV programme and innovative digital sport content alongside existing African Sport output.
We are looking for Broadcast Journalists with excellent spoken English and French to work in a new Africa Sports Unit.
- To produce content for BBC Africa audiences on TV, online and radio.
- To write, research, produce, report and edit stories.
- To be responsible for studio production of live and pre-recorded programmes.
- To work on social platforms to promote our content and engage with our audiences.
The Ideal Candidate
- You will be fluent in written and spoken English and French.
- You will have a good knowledge of what works on TV and digital platforms within the market and a proven track record of coming up with ideas and seeing them through to delivery, ideally in a creative or media environment.
- Exceptional knowledge of sport, in particular sport that appeals to an African audience and excellent sports contacts will be a requirement for this role.
Location: Senegal, Dakar
Contract: Continuing - Local terms and conditions
Relocation assistance will be considered for this role
We will accept CV's in French
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are very important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.