Advertising Portfolio Manager, BBC Global News
The BBC Global News Digital Ad Operations team is responsible for the fulfilment of all advertising activity as well as the successful enablement of sales teams in order to guarantee the proper functioning of post-sale workflows. This is achieved through diligent inventory management, consistent communications regarding the commercial portfolio of ad products, frequent training on tools and process as well as the flawless execution of contractual commitments.
The Advertising Portfolio Manager is a full-time position based in London whose primary objective is to enable the operational effectiveness of sales delivery and inventory management teams.
- Maintain roster of advertising products within order management, delivery systems, audience and contextual targeting tools (taxonomy, hierarchy, segmentation)
- Global operational lead for the deployment and configuration of new or enhanced technologies, products and solutions (“last mile” acceptance for internal users):
- anticipate workflow implications
- evangelisation and training of end users
- monitor adoption & compliance
- feed back to technology, product and management stakeholders on the success and usage of delivered solutions with a view to continuous improvement (propose changes, deprecation, etc)
- Primary liaison with product, development and advertising technology peers for articulating cases, scenarios and issues affecting operational delivery
- Global owner for the escalation of technical troubleshooting for digital advertising activity (raising support tickets, case management, communication flows with affected territories/accounts)
- Conduct ad hoc testing of systems and ad formats in order to facilitate the roll out of new solutions and resolve errors
- Documentation drafting and maintenance of all operational collateral: external digital advertising technical specifications, internal trafficking guides, sales enablement materials
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven process development skills
- Expert user of order management tools (such as Google DSM or Operative) as well as digital ad serving technologies (Google Ad Manager, Teads, Triple Lift)
- Previous experience using issue and project management software (Jira, other)
- Previous experience with content management systems such as WordPress or Ghost
- Excellent analytical skills and eye for detail
- Complex problem solving
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills (for example, producing advertising product collateral, technical documentation, Gantt charts, etc)
Contract type: Permanent
Location: London, Broadcast Centre
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here