Account Manager, BBC Global News Ltd
The Account Manager is responsible for generating profitable sales revenue for BBC World News & BBC Digital platforms, from an assigned group of agencies, clients and/or a geographical territory. The Account Manager achieves results by developing strong Executive-level relationships in existing agencies and clients to position BBC Advertising as “front of mind” when new business opportunities arise. Additionally, the Account Manager prospects for new business in the assigned agencies and geography to uncover new opportunities, secure revenues and increase market share. Whilst all members of the sales team report directly to the Account Director, the Account Manager has a coaching brief to develop the skills and knowledge of the Account Executive(s) in the team.
- Deliver the agreed revenue target from allocated agencies / clients and/or geographical territory
- Meet / exceed all performance objectives
- Work closely with the Account Director to contribute to the sales planning process for the region
- With the Account Director, develop Account Plans for key agencies and clients
- Conduct in-depth research to develop a comprehensive understanding of the industry, market and key trends
- Identifiy key sources of competitive information and uses these to build competitive pitches, proposals and counter-tactics
The Ideal Candidate
You will have knowledge in:
- Media Industry and platforms
- Current affairs
- Account and Opportunity Management techniques
You will have experience in:
- Ideally Media Sales or Agency
- Previous experience of working in both agency and direct client environments
- International experience / mindset a strong advantage
Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you having the right to work in the UK
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.