Account Manager, BBC Advertising
BBC Global News Limited (GNL) is the BBC News Group’s commercial subsidiary. GNL owns and operates BBC World News and bbc.com.
BBC World News and bbc.com are available in every country around the world, with the exception of the UK. BBC World News is the BBC’s most watched television channel, available in more than 450 million homes. BBC.com generates page views of more than 1.25bn each month. This traffic is made up of consumption of regionally editionalised versions of the BBC ‘s domestic News and Sport online services, plus readership of a number of online ‘features’ sites (in genres such as travel, technology and culture) which GNL produces itself.
The Account Manager is responsible for generating profitable sales revenue from an assigned group of key clients within the sales territory. Reporting into the Account Director, with the day to day management of the key client accounts sits with the Account Manager who achieves results by developing strong Executive-level relationships to provide excellent customer service, secure revenues and increase market share by using their consultative sales skills to advise the clients of the new products and content available.
- Deliver the agreed revenue target from allocated agencies / clients
- Build on relationships with existing agencies and clients to identify new sales opportunities
- Identify prospective sales opportunities by gathering market information and intelligence from a variety of sources
- Manage all aspects of the sales cycle to close sales opportunities successfully
Developing Accounts & Opportunities
- Work closely with the Account Director to contribute to the sales planning process for the region
- With the Account Director, develop Account Plans for key agencies and clients
- Identify key players in client/agency organisations and develop strong and trusted relationships with them
Building Team Capability
- Find opportunities to support and coach Sales Planners to develop their skills and knowledge
- Proactively share information with other team members to increase their business knowledge
The Ideal Candidate
- Extensive experience in ideally Media Sales or Agency
- Team / people management experience preferred
- Previous experience of working in agency or direct client environments advantageous
- International experience / mindset a strong advantage
- Successful track record of achieving targets and influencing senior executives to secure sales
- Editorial, multimedia and international experience an advantage
Contract type: Permanent
Location: London, Broadcast Centre
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here