Account Director, BBC Advertising
BBC Global News Limited (GNL) is the BBC News Group’s commercial subsidiary. GNL owns and operates BBC World News and bbc.com.
BBC World News and bbc.com are available in every country around the world, with the exception of the UK. BBC World News is the BBC’s most watched television channel, available in more than 450 million homes. BBC.com generates page views of more than 1.25bn each month. This traffic is made up of consumption of regionally editionalised versions of the BBC ‘s domestic News and Sport online services, plus readership of a number of online ‘features’ sites (in genres such as travel, technology and culture) which GNL produces itself.
The Account Director is responsible for generating profitable sales revenues from an assigned group of key clients within the sales region. As lead for these key accounts the Account Director is responsible for the end to end sales delivery from sales/repitch to end of campaign review an repitch, and so on. As well as delivering on a personal sales target, the Account Director manages the activities of two Account Mangers.
Business Strategy & Planning
- Collaborate with the Head of Commercial Partnerships to create strategic and operational plans for allocated key clients and related agency contacts specifying growth areas, new campaign opportunities, business development activities and supporting marketing initiatives
- Gather market information and intelligence from a variety of sources to identify future growth areas and inform the sales planning process
Execution & Results
- Drive implementation of the Sales plan and update the plan in line with changes in market conditions, new business opportunities and new products and technologies
- Provide the Head of Commercial Partnerships with information to product and content evolutions.
Account and Opportunity Development
- Develop strong and trusted C-level relationships with key clients and related agencies
- Introduce BBC senior executives into key clients and related agencies to facilitate the development of relationships at the highest levels
- Develop and agree clear, measurable performance objectives with direct reports that support achievement of the sales plan
- Track individual and team progress against objectives and take rapid action if results fall behind expectations
The Ideal Candidate
- Very strong experience in media sales
- Proven experience in people management
- Previous experience of working in both agency and direct client environments useful but not essential
- Influencing senior and C-level Executives
- Successful track record of achieving sales targets from complex, high-value sales
- International Media Sales experience a strong advantage
Contract type: Permanent
Location: London, Broadcast Centre
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here